Thursday, October 6, 2011

Now why didn't I think of that?!

Have you ever had that "well duh" moment?  You know what I mean, that why didn't I think of that?! Well this was one of those moments.... ok I've had a lot of these moments since I've found become addicted to Pinterest.

There's this new boutique fad for little girls of the pillow case dress. I don't really care for the pillow case dress, I mean they're really cute, but not my style.  But then I found this...  and why didn't I think of that?! A Pillowcase Nightgown! I must say that my daughter LOVES them. 

I rummaged through my linen closet (which I actually organized recently!) but all of our pillow cases are boring, so off to the thrift store.  There's a little thrift store in my tiny town (very tiny... 3 stop lights tiny) and I scored.  2 pillow cases for just 50 cents! They have some nice older ones there, and I picked up a few sets, 4 in total I think.  Made some of the night gowns... and then some fancy pj pants are in store soon too.  So... 50 cents for 2 pillow cases, and it takes only 1 pillow case to make a dress... 25 cents for a night gown... far better than the $12 or so to spend at the store. Why are pajamas so expensive?! Not anymore!

Now why didn't I think of that?!  Thank you Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment