Wednesday, October 5, 2011

OMG... it actually worked!!

I must say... I have been sewing since maybe April or May and have completely avoided making clothing for myself... until tonight. AMAZED!!! I went to the local fabric store the other day and had just one item... but I couldn't leave the store.  I went to the back discount rack and found my favorite fabric on clearance! White burnout knit fabric.  Ok, well I love white burnout, but knits are new to me, I've only made one other thing with knits and it was for my daughter. But it was a complete score. So I bought 3 yards.  I knew what I wanted to make.... just had to actually do it and not avoid it. 

Here is my inspiration.... Bought this many years ago from a popular national mall store (AE)...




I love this pullover... it's light yet keeps you warm, and it's ultra comfy. Can't lose in my book.

So I knew that I wanted to re-create this (although I added to it, better cuffs on the sleeve and the bottom) ... I love the original, but it's way too big now (but I still wear it).  It's comfy :o)

So today... was the day.  I got out my fabric, a pile of paper and I went to town.  I was confident that I could do this... I've made a few jackets for my kids so I just thought of this being the same way.  I taped my papers together and started to make my pattern from my loved sweater thing.  And then it hit me... this might actually work!!



I laid all my pattern pieces together (except the hood) and it fit.  I was shocked Of course it fit I made it :o)      I made another one earlier today in heather gray and it was a little too big, but will be perfect for the gym... and then I made this one tonight....



White, burnout knit.... wonderful comfy hooded sweater pullover thingy ma bob.  LOVE. 

I really can't express how excited I am that it actually worked and I LOVE IT!!!  Cannot wait to over wear it this coming cold season next week.  Looks like my old one will head to retirement. 

1 comment: